contrito duel academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Xyz Water/Shark Deck
role playin games? EmptyThu Jun 27, 2013 5:56 pm by Nightscream19

» Satellite Cannon OTK Deck
role playin games? EmptyWed Jun 26, 2013 7:19 pm by Nightscream19

» contrito city
role playin games? EmptySun Jun 23, 2013 7:26 pm by xXghost777Xx

» Gedder character sheet
role playin games? EmptySun Jun 23, 2013 7:12 pm by xXghost777Xx

» Battle for the Galaxy
role playin games? EmptySun Jun 23, 2013 6:40 pm by xXghost777Xx

» Crempala Character sheets
role playin games? EmptySun Jun 23, 2013 10:17 am by xXghost777Xx

» Earthish character sheets
role playin games? EmptyFri Jun 21, 2013 1:16 pm by xXghost777Xx

» Ban after 1 month inactivity
role playin games? EmptyThu Jun 20, 2013 12:11 am by xXghost777Xx

» Serious problem
role playin games? EmptyWed Jun 19, 2013 11:45 pm by xXghost777Xx

Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 14 on Fri Jun 21, 2013 6:44 pm

role playin games?

3 posters

Go down

role playin games? Empty role playin games?

Post by pyrodiablo Tue Jun 04, 2013 10:03 pm

as suggested to me by ghost, i am thinking aboutinitiating a rpg section of the forum, not require but fun. skype may be available, but make sure you can trust the person. happy gaming!
pyrodiablo
pyrodiablo
Admin

contrito points : 87

https://contritoacademy.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

role playin games? Empty Re: role playin games?

Post by xXghost777Xx Wed Jun 05, 2013 12:09 am

What I was thinking of was to set up something like a forum based role play. These can be both fun and serious. If enough people show an interest I will post some basic rules and a couple of ideas we could use.(ones based in a time of war are usually the most interesting because it can put people into situations where it could lead to the life or death of a character)
xXghost777Xx
xXghost777Xx
Admin

contrito points : 102

Back to top Go down

Post by pyrodiablo Wed Jun 05, 2013 4:22 pm

that seems real interesting... ill definitely join in!
pyrodiablo
pyrodiablo
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by zlife17 Wed Jun 05, 2013 7:04 pm

We need a way to integrate duels into the RP then
zlife17
zlife17
mediocre poster
mediocre poster

contrito points : 11

Back to top Go down

Post by pyrodiablo Wed Jun 05, 2013 7:24 pm

we could do rp s like real life yugioh, characters get mad at eachother, and challenge eachother to a duel, then ou duel!
pyrodiablo
pyrodiablo
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by xXghost777Xx Wed Jun 05, 2013 7:34 pm

That's a really good idea you two, my buddy on another forum never thought of something like that( we are a war based forum though so that pretty much explains why)
xXghost777Xx
xXghost777Xx
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by xXghost777Xx Wed Jun 05, 2013 11:42 pm

3 basic rules

1) no god modding- this is where another player does something that forces another to do something that they weren't going to do.
2) no character takeover- when somebody is currently offline and another player does something that effects the offline players character
3) have fun- the most important part about a role play, everyone should have fun at all times.
xXghost777Xx
xXghost777Xx
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by xXghost777Xx Wed Jun 05, 2013 11:53 pm

Pyro your evil character will be able to disguise himself to act as another player and possibly break up alliances. Please give the player that your going to disguise your self as a warning though that way they know what's going on if another player asks why they did something that is unusual or out of the ordinary for them to do
xXghost777Xx
xXghost777Xx
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by pyrodiablo Thu Jun 06, 2013 4:46 pm

acually, he will select one random character to disguaise himself and, event though i said it is indefinite, he will show himself.itll be intersting because he'll appear in lesser forms throughout the story, at random points.
happy gaming
pyrodiablo
pyrodiablo
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by xXghost777Xx Thu Jun 06, 2013 6:34 pm

Yeah, I built my spirit deck for my character, I want you to help me test it so some time tommorow would be nice
xXghost777Xx
xXghost777Xx
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by xXghost777Xx Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:41 pm

I got some rules and tips for play by post role playing from my friend KSI Ranging Wolf off of another forum I'm part of

What is Play-by-Post Roleplaying?

Play-by-Post (PbP) Roleplaying is a style of text-based gaming that is sweeping the nations of the world! PbP RP commonly takes place on forum boards where members create topics or threads and turn them into a text-based game where members of the board and can join in and create characters. By submitting several posts describing your character's actions, feelings, senses, and history; you eventually develop a multi-authored story. This process of publishing is known as PbP RP.

The world of PbP RP consists of two types of roleplays. You have Public RP (which is a type that is open to anyone who wishes to join) and then you have Private RP (which is a type that is closed to most members of the forum). The following tutorial will inform you of the basic concepts of each type of RP.

Public RP

More background prior to IC
Open for anyone who is interested in joining to join
More rules and more moderation
Greater chance of death
More participation
Thread-Author typically assumes total Universe Administration
Public OOC is more common

Private RP

Less background prior to IC
Those interested in joining must obtain permission from the Thread-Author and co-creators
Less rules and less moderation
Small chance of death
Moderate participation
Thread-Author typically shares Universe Administration
OOC normally takes place over PM, MSN, or another messaging function separate from the forums

Arena RP

Now that you have learned the difference between Public and Private RPs, it is time to learn about another type of PbP RP. Arena RP is a type of roleplaying that centers primarily around non-stop battle and fighting scenarios. Two or more players are needed to have a successful Arena RP. These can be both public or private and will usually last no more than a month.

An Arena Tournament, however, (multiple arena threads that pertain to a universe and relate to one another) can last much longer, as long as the Thread-Author is able to keep up with the tournament. In tournaments, usually anyone can join and are judged based on, primarily, the creativity in their posts.

What is difficult about arena RPs is that determining a winner can lead to strained relationships amongst board members. Nobody really enjoys being a loser, nobody likes being around a sore loser. So how do you fairly determine a winner? Each arena RP is always better off with a judge.

The judge should not be involved in the roleplay as a player, but as a bystander simply observing the processes of the characters. A judge should invent a judging criteria and post it in the OOC before the match starts. The judge should also have a non-biased mindset throughout the entire roleplay. It is best that the players and the judge refrain from fraternizing with each other in between posts, to ensure fairness.

Fighting in an arena is the exact same as fighting in a roleplay. Simply describe and develop your characters actions and dialogue.
Tip: It is always good to appoint a trustful judge before starting an Arena RP

Modes

There are 3 types of illegal modes when it comes to PbP roleplaying. These modes have considerable consequences that are delivered by moderators and administrators. Practicing any of these modes may result in a banning or a social defamation.

God-Moding

The first mode that is common amongst those who are unfamiliar with play-by-post roleplaying. It is known as God-Moding. God-moding occurs whenever a player forces a hit on another player's character, or drives the plot to focus and center around their character. God-moding also occurs whenever a player takes control, or attempts to take control of another player's character without that character's consent.

Power-Moding

The second mode is similar to God-moding when it comes to character focus, but relates more to the configuration of the character, rather than his/her actions. When a player creates a nearly impossible-to-beat, or unrealistic character they are Power-Moding. Power-moding also happens whenever the player applies so many special abilities, weapons, powers, etc. to a character that it seems they have a limitless arsenal to use during the roleplay. Power-moding also occurs whenever a character has a power/ability/weapon that can destroy or control anything. A character possessing invulnerable armor is also a form of Power-moding. To avoid allowing players to easily Power-mode their characters, it is advised that you set limits on character templates. You can view more on this in the Thread Authoring tutorial.

Cybering

The third mode is not as common as the other two, but it still happens on occasion and is not taken likely. Posting sexually explicit RP posts is known as Cybering. Cybering happens whenever players in a roleplay begin to let their characters get too involved in a romantic or sexual scenario. Posts that would deserve an R rating due to sexual content qualifies as Cybering. Remember, pictures or visuals of any kind are not needed to Cyber; text is enough to get you into some serious trouble.

Genres
(Controversial Section)

The following is a compilation of genres. Genres are a "style" or "type" of roleplay. Common genre terms include Sci-Fi, Vampire, Romantic, Fantasy, Modern, and so and so forth. However, confusion arises whenever thread authors attempt to mix genres in their roleplay and the plot can eventually veer off track whenever their players become too involved in one sense of the overall story. Therefore, the following genres have been compiled for more universal functionality. Instead of focusing on common genres, these offer a little more complexity.

Genres-

Real World Fiction: This includes anything from vamps to romance that encompasses current ideology and literature style. Basically, it stays down to earth.

Timeline Fiction: This includes anything from vamps to romance that encompasses past, future ideology and literature style. This is for those futuristic or medieval roleplays.

Western Ideology and Real World Fiction: Advanced calls for more detail and setting. Thus, we give you a more narrowed line of work. This is the same thing as the Real World Fiction genre, except it narrows the subjected RPs to Western style literature (the Americas/Europe).

Eastern Ideology and Real World Fiction: Similar to the above, except it narrows the subjected RPs to Eastern style literature (Asia/Australia/Pacific)

Western Ideology and Timeline Fiction: ……………..

Eastern Ideology and Timeline Fiction: ................

True Story: For RPs that are uncorrupted by genres and are solely based on, and replay, a true story or actual event. An example would be Watergate: Based on a True Story. Where the thread author incorporates a line of research that proves that his roleplay is as accurate as possible to the Watergate scandal involving President Nixon.

Tip: One-word genres like "Vampire" should be hinted in the introduction of the OOC or the IC. It is advised that you don't place these words in your title unless the word is apart of the name of the roleplay.

What about Space and High School roleplays?

Common roleplays like these would fit under any genre. All you have to do is analyze your plot. If it's based off of a true story then you select the True Story genre. If it's futuristic, then you select one of the Timeline Fiction genres and then analyze your category level. If you are above Casual, then select one of the Ideology genres.

Characters and NPCs

What is a story (or even a sentence) without a subject? It is nothing. In this tutorial, you will learn all about character creation, character development, and the use of NPCs.

First off, a Character is a player's primary subject. Players of a RP interact with each other in the IC through characters. These subjects are no different than characters from a novel, movie, etc. They are the creation of the player's own imagination (most of the time). Some characters can even be chosen from a list of pre-made characters that were created by the Thread-Author. Each character is unique and set apart from the other characters of a roleplay; just like real people. With the Thread-Author's permission, players can control more than one character.

Character Development is the process of adapting your character to the changes in the plot and discovering their hidden self-being. The more you reveal as the story progresses, the more developed your character becomes. Taking the time to think your post through and really put forth effort in detail and description, will keep your readers (and even yourself) entertained with your character.

Tip: Instead of posting:

Alexander hates criminals.

Try posting:

Alexander remembered the fury in his heart against the man who stole from his mother all those years ago. The passion for hunting and pursing common thieves and other low-lives of this urban metropolis has never left his conscience.

Non-Player Characters (or NPCs) are characters that the Thread-Author has come up with to help boost the storyline. NPCs can be controlled by any and all players of the roleplay. Although this bypasses the God-mode idea of controlling other characters that aren't your own, NPCs are still bound by the other rules, like no forcing of hits. A hit can be forced on an NPC, but NPCs cannot force hits themselves. Therefore, permission is not required to kill off an NPC, unless the NPC serves some ultimate purpose in the storyline that cannot be completed if it is unavailable to act. If this is the case, then the Thread-Author is the one who has the final say over the NPC's status.

For a basic, universal character template, I suggest using the following fields:

Full name of character
Age of character
Birth date of character
Sex of character
Physical appearance of character
Personality of character

For roleplays that involve combat or dangerous adventures, I suggest using the following fields in addition to the Basic Universal template:

Skills
Weapon(s) of choice
Military History
Military branch and rank
Current alliance

For roleplays of a more romantic-based genre, I suggest using the following fields in addition to the Basic Universal template:

Girlfriend/Boyfriend
Chance of cheating (based on percentage)
Romantic history

For roleplays that involve religious or political themes, I suggest using the following fields in addition to the Basic Universal template:

Religious/Political affiliations
Religious/Political history

For roleplays of a more high school-based genre, I suggest using the following fields in addition to the Basic Universal template

Grade (level of schooling)
GPA
Clubs/organizations that character participates in
Extracurricular classes that character is enrolled in
Favorite class

For roleplays that involve magic, sorcery, elementalism, etc., I suggest using the following fields in addition to the Basic Universal template:

Type of magical art
Powers in character's possession
Special power/magical art
Years of experience in Type of magical art

For roleplays that involve other races as applicable characters, I suggest using the following fields in addition to the Basic Universal template:

Race
Origins
Typical behavior in relation to character's race (not character's personality)

For roleplays that are arena-based in nature and contain multiple sequences of combat, I suggest using the following fields in addition to the Basic Universal template and combat or dangerous adventuresand (if applicable)the magic, sorcery, elementalism, etc.template:

Basic-offensive strategy
Tactical-offensive strategy
Basic-defensive strategy
Tactical-defensive strategy
Armor details
Team (if applicable)
Chance of committing fratricide (based on percentage)
Chance of assisting (based on percentage
Competitor number (2 digit recommended)
Range preference (i.e. hand-to-hand combat versus long-rang sniping)

And finally a basic template for creating a roleplay. When creating a roleplay some important things you will need are as followed. Things can be added/ taken out to fit the needs of different roleplays
1. A story line or plot
2. Rules that apply to your thread
3. General Info (i.e. bestiary, technology, locations, ect)
4. Character template
5. Accepted Characters
6. Announcements
7. other

Some things that are a no no in roleplays

1. God modding- When you god mod (in other words be like you are the perfect character. Example: No weaknesses.) you tick everyone off in the rp. It just ruins the experience of a good roleplay.

2. Bad grammar and spelling- I don't know about you but I don't like spending the next 10 minutes trying to decipher what somebody posted instead of using the time to make my own post. Sadly, there is too much bad english, especially in free roleplay's. So when you put your post, make sure it is readable!

3. Auto hits- An auto hit is when you post that you did something to another character without giving them a chance to respond. For example: Putting "He hit Joe with the butt of sword"instead of "He tried to hit Joe with the butt of the sword."

4. Pulling pranks on other characters when they aren't online- This has happened to me several times, and is extremely annoying. An example of this would be like having your character taking the other character's stuff while they aren't online. This is similar to an auto hit because you don't give the other character time to respond.

5. Flooding the IC with OOC-This happens a lot and it gets annoying because then you have to scroll through 3 pages of OOC just to find the last IC post.

6. Raging- Yes, I know that some posts will tick you off but that doesn't mean you have to flood the IC with angry OOC posts about it.

7. Speed posting- This is when you go to sleep then wake up and find that there are 10 new pages of posts to sift through in the rp you are in.

I will add to this as I think of more things. Thank you for reading.

xXghost777Xx
xXghost777Xx
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum